Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One step closer

Last week we went to see the gyn associated with the Baby Makers.  She’ll be doing our IUI’s. When/ if she determines we’re ready. 

See, I’m overweight and I have PCOS.  Not a little overweight.  A lot overweight.  Not a lot a lot, but pretty big.  And I had put on 20lbs more than was normal for me.  I’m usually around a 20W, and have always been plus sized. The Fertility Guru at the Baby Makers gave us all the stats and really suggested that I lose a good bit a weight.  Heartbreaking at the time, but I knew it was best. Better chances of getting and staying pregnant.   We went on a diet to lose the weight ASAP (K dieted with me, told you she is awesome.)  I lost 20lbs by the appointment time.  But – was it enough  for them to let us try this cycle.
I had started my period the day before the appointment.  It was now or never—okay maybe not never- just not this cycle.  However – the Doc said we could try this cycle (after I pinky swore to lose 6 more lbs by the time we insem.)

So excited!!!!  I rushed out to get the Femera after the appointment. Then headed home to take a nap (I was working nights last week and appt was on the first day of my rotation)   K headed back to work.  Very pleasant dreams.

We’re currently scheduled to get the shot to induce ovulation on 3/1, with insem#1 on 3/2 and insem#2 on 3/3 (my birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment