Sunday, July 10, 2011

But I don't wanna

I don't wanna go on a diet. Diets suck : (

But I really, really, really want to be a mom.


Yeah, I'm still a bit whiny -- and a bit emotional, but it's getting better.  K is doing the diet thing with me, we're both extra cranky right now.  We've survived the first two days and managed to go grocery shopping - so it looks like we won't starve to death after all.  For everyone playing along at home - we're doing the South Beach Diet.  2 carb lovers + no carbs for a month = grumpiness.

Me and my broke foot headed back to work on Friday.  The timing couldn't have been better.  Working definitely helps me to eat healthier.  I'm editing part descriptions in our storeroom database.  It's very exciting work...yeah.   Nothing like going from a team oriented, highly mobile, labor intensive job - to sitting at a desk all day.  But, they're paying me and I'm not stuck at home - all around better for my mental health.

Speaking of mental health - I should probably make another appointment with my new therapist.  That would be the grown up thing to do.  We'll see how long that takes.

Sorry for the scatterbrained post - but it's all I'm up for right now.   Hopefully the mood in our house will improve with time.  Right now our emotions are still pretty raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment