Friday, March 4, 2011

Dear ovaries, why must you hate me?

Went to the doc today to have my follicles checked before getting the trigger shot.  No go on the trigger shot- Again!  Apparently my ovaries don't feel like playing nicely.  3 days ago left ovary had 1 at 14 and 1 at 9, the right ovary had 1 at 14 and one at ~8.  Should have had 2 nice and plump follicles when I went in today, but no. No I didn't.  The smaller follicles on each ovary got a tiny bit bigger.  The big one on the right grew by 1 (are these in mm?  I can't remember).  The big one on the left decide to just hang out and not grow.  What a slacker.

No trigger shot today = no iui tomorrow = lots and lots of tears.  I'm not even on clom.id, I'm on letr-zole.  No chemical induced excuses for the extra tears.  Its just me.  I am now a blubbering mess a couple of times a week.  I feel very sorry for my poor wife.

The game plan for the rest of this cycle is to keep going with the OPKs.  If I get a positive, we'll probably insem.  If I go past day 21 with no positive, doc will give me a shot to start AF.

I realized this was probably going to be a long journey, but I expected the heartache to come in the form of BFN's.  Not from my body parts not cooperating.  Argh!


On a brighter note, K took me out to celebrate my birthday yesterday.  We went to a super fancy restaurant that had some very wonderful food.  (Blue crab fritter was one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten.)  It was a lovely evening.  We even talked about things that had nothing to do with babies : )

My in-laws also called yesterday- to wish me happy birthday.  Huh, still feels strange to say in-laws and not be fibbing.  It was a very sweet, yet slightly awkward conversation.   K found it odd that her parents called, yet mine did not.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment