Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I must apologize

Ovaries, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for misjudging you and underestimating your willingness to participate in this process.


I've been very discouraged the last few days.  Had a talk with K last night about how this cycle was a bust.  She encouraged me not to give up quite yet (even though today would be CD21).  Since she asked me too, I felt obliged to pee on a stick one more time.  So at 4am I found my self staring blankly at a smiling little OPK : )   I was so excited I took a picture and texted her, even though she was sound asleep in the next room.   As much as she helps me get through the tough times, I have to be sure to share the good times too.


Just before I left the house for work - around 4:30, I texted the Fertility Lady.  Low and behold she responded before I was out of the driveway.  Ack!  IUI was set up for 10am.  Calmly called work and took a vacation day.  Then I jumped out of the car and almost skipped across the front walk.  Trying to go back to sleep before the IUI was next to impossible.

We did the first IUI this morning.  Had one good looking follicle on left ovary.  Will go back tomorrow for second IUI and possibly a Prof.asi injection if the follicle hasn't released on its own.

Happy happy day.  

And now for the two week wait : )

No comments:

Post a Comment